The member institutions of the SEVEC collaborate to develop, evaluate, implement, and share best practices in veterinary medical education and promote excellence in education towards promotion and tenure at their different institutions.
Members of SEVEC collaborate to facilitate faculty development, scholarship, and peer evaluations through one or more of the following:
- Organizing annual or biannual face-to-face symposia for faculty and other educators to share ideas, network, and develop skills through workshops, journal clubs and other active learning experiences.
- Developing a framework and process for teaching portfolio creation and evaluation; develop best practices for reward, evaluation, and effort allocation as it pertains to the educational mission of our institutions.
- Developing an educational research collaborative to promote inter-institutional collaboration, grantsmanship, and dialogue around new trends in educational theory and practice.
- Share current assessment practices to improve our methods to assess students and enhance the learning process.
- Sharing educational programs and resources for recently hired faculty as well as others including DVM graduate students and house officers